Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Gina Abelkop's Darling Beastlettes

I've been following Gina Abelkop's work since her manuscript was a finalist in Switchback's Gatewood Prize in 2008. Gina edits her own feminist press, Birds of Lace, which also publishes the journal Finery (zine-style with CDs included sometimes, too!). She had piece in the Delirious Hem forum I curated with Kate Durbin, SEAM RIPPER. And now her first book, Darling Beastlettes, is coming out! You can read sample poems and preorder it on the Apostrophe Books website, and watch the trailer for it below.


'Darling Beastlettes' by Gina Abelkop: a book trailer/short film in two distinct universes from Birds of Lace on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. a funny and crazy thing is that i had a dream last night that miranda july made a record of performances based on your book. i was really excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm I am really excited for me, too! My dreams come true in Gina's dreams, love it.

    ReplyDelete